- What personal information we collect and hold
- The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
- How we collect and hold personal information
- How you can access and correct any personal information which we hold about you
- How you can complain about any breach of applicable privacy laws or codes and how we handle such complaints
- Whether we are likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients
Our collection and use of personal information
Clear Dynamics collects and uses a limited amount of personal information from our customers and suppliers for the primary purpose of providing our products and services to customers.
This includes personal information required to enter into and manage our agreements with customers and service providers relating to the provision of such products and services. The information we collect may include the name of a contact person, their address, email address and phone number.
We may also use personal information we collect to:
- Deliver marketing and events communication
- Carry out polls and surveys
- Undertake internal research and product development
- Comply with legal obligations (including our obligations under our agreements)
- Meet internal audit and compliance requirements
We may use your personal information for a secondary purpose closely related to the primary purpose outlined above, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure.
When we collect personal information we will, where appropriate and practicable, explain why we are collecting that information and how we plan to use it.
How we collect personal information
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we collect personal information only from the person to whom it relates. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties, including the customer or service provider entity the person works for or represents. In such a case, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Cookies and web beacons
If you visit our website we may also collect information about your interactions with the website. For example, we use website analytics tools to retrieve information about your usage of our website. We also use technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on our sites and services.
We also receive certain standard information which your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring website addresses. We generally use this information to report statistics, analyse trends, administer our services, diagnose problems, gather demographic and behavioural information and target and improve the quality of our products and services.
Our website may contain electronic images known as “web beacons” or “single-pixel gifs” which help deliver cookies on our sites and allow us to count visitors. We may include web beacons on all web pages on our website to determine whether messages have been opened and acted on. We may also use web beacons from third parties to help us compile aggregated statistics regarding the operations of our websites. We prohibit web beacons on our websites from being used by third parties to collect or access your personal information.
When you receive newsletters or promotional e-mails from us, we may use web beacons, customised links or similar technologies to determine whether the e-mail has been opened and which links you click in order to provide you with more focused e-mail communications or other information.
Disclosure to third parties
We will only disclose personal information outside Clear Dynamics as reasonably required:
- For the purposes of providing our products and services to our customers (or the associated uses detailed above); or
- As required or permitted by law.
We are not likely to disclose personal information to a recipient outside Australia.
Security of personal information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is safe from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When personal information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify the information. However, most of personal information is held for up to 7 years.
Access to your personal Information
You may access personal information we hold about you and update and correct it, subject to the limited exceptions provided by applicable privacy laws. If you wish to access your personal information, please contact us in writing.
We will not charge any fee for your access request. To protect your personal information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the quality of your personal information
It is an important to us that your personal information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your personal Information is accurate, complete and up to date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
Meaning of certain terms
- Affiliate means an entity which directly controls or in directly controls, or is controlled by, or is under common control with the subject entity, where ‘control’ means direct or indirect ownership of more than 50% of the voting interests in the subject entity.
- Clear Dynamics (or ‘we’) means Clear Dynamics Pty Ltd ABN: 33 161 418 328 and its Affiliates.
- Customer includes a potential customer of our products and services.
- Personal information has the meaning given to it by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Here a word or phrase is given a particular meaning other parts of speech or grammatical forms of that word or phrase have corresponding meaning.
This policy may change from time to time and a current version will be available on our website.